MISSIONS & OUTREACH
We are thrilled to join in with what God is doing around the world, and we desire to help spread the fame of Jesus throughout all nations.
We strive to do that through: sending people to reach the unreached with the Good News of Jesus, sending trainers
- who can teach and train indigenous pastors in unreached areas, doing acts of mercy (building homes, feeding the hungry)
that show people the true nature of Jesus, and helping disciple and strengthen the Lord's Church around the world.
HOW CAN YOU BE INVOLVED?
GO! Join in one of our short-term missions opportunities!
Pray about a life-changing career in missions and GO long-term!
Send! Help support missions financially.
Support someone on a short-term trip, partner with a long-term missionary, support a local ministry!
Pray! Commit to praying daily for what God is doing around the world.
Use the book Operation World to open your eyes to global needs and pray for our partners and their strategic work!
First Church of God has been serving Whitley County through the Non-Food Pantry for over 30 years.
Our pantry provides non-food items not covered by food stamps, for those in need.
The Pantry is open on Thursdays from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and is located on the south side of the church.
Volunteers and donations are always welcome!
To join our volunteer team, contact the church office.
- Hygiene supplies (toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, deodorant, razors, feminine hygiene items, etc.)
- Paper goods (toilet paper, paper towels)
- Cleaning supplies (dish & laundry soap, brooms & mops)
- Lice kits
- New socks & underwear
- Gently used clothing
VOUCHERS TO VISIT THE PANTRY CAN BE OBTAINED AT:
- The Lighthouse
- WIC office
- Salvation Army
- Bowen Center
- Department of Child Services Suite 106
- Healthy Families (Auburn)
First Church of God has been partnering with Boomerang Backpacks since 2012 to serve the children of Mary Raber Elementary School.
This program exists to provide nourishment to low-income elementary students over the weekend by delivering bags full of food to each child.
Each Thursday, our team gathers to pack the bags and pray for the students that will be receiving them.
On Fridays, the bags are delivered to the school for the students to take home for the weekend.
The bags provide two single-serving boxes of cereal, one lunch sized meal, one fresh fruit.
HOW YOU CAN BE INVOLVED:
- Financial Partnership - Contact the church office to find out how you can give to this program.
- Volunteer - Packing on Thursdays with family and friends is a great way to spend time together serving!
We partner with many different organizations and missionaries!
If you want more information on any of our partners, simply click on their name to go directly to their website.